We gather data from millions of smart phones across the United States and beyond. We never collect or store any personal data without your explicit, opt-in consent. This ensures the confidentiality of user identity and personal information at all times.
- IDFA and/or advertising identifier (“Advertising ID”)
- Location of the mobile device expressed as the latitude, altitude, and longitude of the mobile device and the derived identity of the location, such as a fast food restaurant
- Mobile device operating system and operating system version
- Mobile device make and model
- The name and version of an App
- Other metadata associated with the mobile device, such as network type and IP address
- The category of the App that collected data (i.e. casual gaming, weather, social media)
- GPS horizontal accuracy value
- If the App was in active use or in the background when data was collected
- The speed at which the device was traveling
- If the device was being charged at the time of data collection
- The direction that the device was traveling
- If the device is connected to a WiFi or cellular network
- WiFi SSID (network name) or BSSID (MAC address for the router)
Who can use this data and how?
Unacast’s data feeds are used by a range of industries, including for investment in real estate and equities, by retailers for site selection and measuring foot traffic at stores, by the public sector to plan public spaces and key infrastructure, by logistics companies to inform warehousing and transportation, and by the financial industry to inform alpha, detect market shifts, and measure portfolio risk. Find more information about our use cases.
How often is the data refreshed?
Unacast offers fresh, high-quality data feeds with dense location data for multiple markets globally. Our Neighborhood and Venue data packages are refreshed every 4 to 26 days, depending on the exact dataset. Our Emerging Areas and Migration patterns data packages are refreshed every 10 weeks, to account for extended holidays, etc.
How far back does the data go?
Currently, our datasets extend back to Q1 2019. In some instances we have data into 2018, depending on the specific use case. We are continually abridging our models with complementary data sets, so rearview-looking timeframe may extend more accurately into the future.
How is the data organized?
Each of our datasets has a clearly defined schema that is well-documented for users ingested in our feeds. Read more about Unacast's data accuracy.