For the second year in a row, Unacast has been named one of the Top 10 Small Places to Work in New York City by Built in NYC. The award recognizes businesses that go out of their way to provide employees with both the financial and non-financial support they need to thrive. Scoring is based on the following categories:
- Competitive Salaries
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Planning & Stability
- Flexible Work Environment
- Professional & Social Impact
- Perks & Discounts
Values Based on Nordic Principles
At Unacast, we see our benefits are a reflection of our values, that’s why we offer outstanding health insurance, unlimited vacation, opportunities for global travel, and three months of parental leave for all new parents. We believe that good and relevant values can help us build a better company. Pretty simple, right? We think so. That’s why, together as a company, we've agreed on a set of core values to help us make sound and swift decisions.
The Evolution of Our Values
Our values are based on our Norwegian principles. Norway, like with the rest of the Nordics, is a society based on the principles of having the trust and transparency to both make quick and independent decisions and to have fun — Norway isn’t certified as the happiest country in the world for nothing! Over the years our values have evolved, as we have refined who we are and who we want to be. The result has been our three values: Be Your Own CEO, Trust Through Transparency and Have Fun, Seriously.
- Be your own CEO: Everyone at Unacast can and is expected to take charge of their own situation, and make sure the company as a whole moves forward. Waiting for some feedback? Go get it! Want something done? Do it!
- Trust through transparency: Vulnerability at the workplace? We believe in that. More importantly, we practice it. Dare to be vulnerable and show yourself, your team, and our partners who you really are. The trust we build through transparency lifts us all higher than we could rise alone.
- Have fun, seriously! The average person will spend over 90,000 hours of their life at work. Terrifying? Not at all. If those hours are filled with meaning and fun. We believe in building relationships with our coworkers and creating unexpected moments that surprise and delight our team and our partners. Life is short, so we might as well make it a fun ride.
We believe that our benefits are a crucial aspect to building a healthy company and working culture. Do you want to know more about our full list of benefits and why we believe them to be important? Check out the Unacast handbook - open for everyone here.
Thank you to Built in NYC for recognizing us and all the hard work we do to foster a positive company culture - but most of all thank you to all of the great people at Unacast. You rock!